Draft PEP on RSON configuration file format

Wed Mar 3 00:00:37 EST 2010

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 19:35:20 -0800, Patrick Maupin wrote:

> Yes, it is very confusing.  Steven used that purported argument against
> me, and then since I disagreed with it, it apparently meant that I was
> arguing that changing the file extension type (which I've never even
> proposed or discussed, btw) from json to rson

My argument is *figurative*, not literal.

> somehow magically makes a preexisting file all better.

You might not have intended that ludicrous conclusion, but it was implied
by some of your posts, particularly the early ones. Of course I don't
think that you *actually* believe the conclusion.

I believe that, whatever the real or imagined benefit of RSON over JSON,
in this thread you have attempted to over-sell RSON while giving
relatively little justification for it.

I wish you every success in your project, but think that it is off-topic
for a Python discussion group.

--
Steven