taking python enterprise level?...

mdipierro massimodipierro71 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 19:20:06 EST 2010

On Mar 1, 6:32 am, simn_stv <nany... at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > You have to follow some tricks:
>
> > 1) have the web server serve static pages directly and set the pragma
> > cache expire to one month
> > 2) cache all pages that do not have forms for at least few minutes
> > 3) avoid database joins
>
> but this would probably be to the detriment of my database design,
> which is a no-no as far as im concerned. The way the tables would be
> structured requires 'joins' when querying the db; or could you
> elaborate a little??

Joins are the bottle neck of most web app that relay on relational
databases. That is why non-relational databases such as Google App
Engine, CouchDB, MongoDB do not even support Joins. You have to try to
minimize joins as much as possible by using tricks such as de-
normalization and caching.

> > 4) use a server with at least 512KB Ram.
>
> hmmm...!, still thinking about what you mean by this statement also.

I meant 512MB. The point is you need a lot of ram because you want to
run multiple python instances, cache in ram as much as possible and
also allow the database to buffer in ram as much as possible. You will
see Ram usage tends to spike when you have lots of concurrent
requests.