Docstrings considered too complicated

Andreas Waldenburger usenot at geekmail.INVALID
Mon Mar 1 12:22:55 EST 2010

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 03:18:30 +1100 Lie Ryan <lie.1296 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/02/10 00:09, Andreas Waldenburger wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 05:01:49 -0800 (PST) alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> I personally believe that the end users have _every_ right to
> >> impose quality requirements on  code used within their
> >> business...although I may not bring this up in front of them at
> >> meetings :)
> >
> > Huh? That's like demanding a certain type of truck or vehicle
> > maintenance plan from a trucking company. Sure, you *could* do it,
> > but that effectively only limits your options. I think there should
> > be a clear separation of concerns here.
>
> If my truck contains food items that spoils quickly, I would want to
> make sure that the trucking company takes good care of their
> refrigeration system and that the truck have as little chance as
> possible for breakdown due to poor maintenance.

My point was that it should not be any of your concern *how* they do
it, only *that* they do it.

Back in the software world: Those guys write code that works. It does
what it's supposed to do. Why should we care where they put their
comments?

--
INVALID? DE!