taking python enterprise level?...

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Mon Mar 1 10:02:15 EST 2010

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 06:42:28 -0800 (PST)
simn_stv <nanyaks at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 26, 10:19 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> > So when you talk about ACKs, you don't mean these on the TCP-level
> > (darn, whatever iso-level that is...), but on some higher level?
>
> i think its on the TCP that he's referring to or is it?...

No, I mean in our own application layer.

> if it is, that means he's doing some 'mean' network level scripting,
> impressive...but i never thought python could go that deep in network
> programming!...

What I meant was that we just keep sending packets which TCP/IP keeps
in order for us by reassembling out-of-order and retransmitted
packets.  Asynchronously we sent back to our own application an ACK
that our app level packet was finally received.  It's a sliding window
protocol.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliding_Window_Protocol

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves