Need help with using SOAP based web service

Arun Balagopal arunbgg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 07:09:05 EDT 2010

Hi,
I am working on a project in text mining using Python. As part of the
project I need to use a technical term extractor, and I found the
Termine<http://www.nactem.ac.uk/software/termine/#form>system from
NACTEM very useful. I have used the web demo (it's pretty nifty)
and now want to integrate it in my project. The service provides a SOAP
interface, which I am trying to use in Python with the ZSI 2.0 module (I
have never used it before). The sample client scripts and instructions for
Python are provided here<http://www.nactem.ac.uk/software/termine/webservice/>

Here's what I did. I installed ZSI 2.0 and its dependency PyXml. Then as
given in the instructions, I generated wrappers for the service (2 python
files). However when I try to run the sample script, I get errors (something
about no attribute 'typecode'). I have tried tweaking in the source, but
still no luck.

If anybody knows how exactly to get this thing working, please help. I am
new to the mailing list, and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post
such questions.

Thank you