Is there any library for indexing binary data?

甜瓜 littlesweetmelon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 23:28:58 EDT 2010

Howdy,

Recently, I am finding a good library for build index on binary data.
Xapian & Lucene for python binding focus on text digestion rather than
binary data. Could anyone give me some recommendation? Is there any
library for indexing binary data no matter whether it is written in
python?

In my case, there is a very big datatable which stores structured
binary data, eg:
struct Item
{
    long id; // used as key
    double value;
};

I want to build the index on "id" field to speed on searching. Since
this datatable is not constant, the library should support incremental
indexing. If there is no suitable library, I have to do the index by
myself...

Thank you in advance.

--
ShenLei