Reserving binary Buffer for struct.pack_into() of exact length

Hans Müller heintest at web.de
Fri Mar 19 14:46:45 EDT 2010

Hello,

I need some buffers, which are beeing concatenated an then send via
the socket() function.
My problem is that create_string_buffer() creates a buffer which ist
one byte too long (for a \0 char). But when I concatenate some of
these buffers to a long one to be transfered, the extra byte is
corrupting the resulting buffer.
Of course I could slice the buffer before being concatended, but
this looks ugly to me.
Is there a way to create a writeable buffer object without the \0 byte ?

Thanks a lot

Hans