Structure accessible by attribute name or index

Wes Santee wsantee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 10:57:43 EDT 2010

I am very new to Python, and trying to figure out how to create an
object that has values that are accessible either by attribute name,
or by index.  For example, the way os.stat() returns a stat_result or
pwd.getpwnam() returns a struct_passwd.

In trying to figure it out, I've only come across C implementations of
the above types.  Nothing specifically in Python.  What is the Python
native way to create this kind of object?

I apologize if this has been widely covered already.  In searching for
an answer, I must be missing some fundamental concept that is
excluding me from finding an answer.

Cheers,
-Wes