Python-list Digest, Vol 78, Issue 161

Martin Schmidt martin.schmidt1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 12:56:15 EDT 2010

Thanks, Stefan.
Actually I will have to run the searches I am interested in only a few times
and therefore will drop performance concerns.

Thanks for len(text.split()) .
I will try it later.

The text I am interested in is always in leaf elements.

I have posted a concrete example incl. a representative XML file a few
minutes ago.
I hope this clarifies my problem.

Rereading what I wrote sounds admittedly funnny.
What I meant that I did not find a post that closely matches my problem (I
know that the closeness needed in my case will seem excessive to more
experienced Python/XML users).

Best regards.

  Martin

P.S. Sorry for my late reply, but my Internet connection was down for a day.