Any downsides to UPX-ing my 32-bit Python 2.6.4 EXE/PYD/DLL files?

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Fri Mar 12 00:41:16 EST 2010

Are there any downsides to UPX-ing my 32-bit Python 2.6.4
development environment EXE/PYD/DLL files?

The reason I'm asking is that I frequently use a custom PY2EXE
script that UPX's copies of these files on every build.

Yes, I could get fancy and try to cache UPXed files, but I think
a simpler, safer, and higher performance solution would be for me
to just UPX my Python 2.6.4 directory once and be done with it.

What are your thoughts?

Malcolm