logging: local functions ==> loss of lineno

Hellmut Weber mail at hellmutweber.de
Wed Mar 10 16:23:18 EST 2010

Hi Vinay Sajip,
I'm very glad discoverd your logging module ;-)
(That's what I would have liked 25 years ago when I was working as a
technical software developper!)

Now I'm writing just some personal tools, I like python and want to use
logging on a regular basis.

Logging works very well giving the filename and line number of the point
where it is called. As long as I use the loggers directly.
BUT when I have to wrap the logger call in some other function, I always
get file name and line number of the call of the logger inside the
wrapping function.

Is there a possibility to get this information in this situation too?

TIA

Hellmut

Dr. Hellmut Weber         mail at hellmutweber.de
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172
D-80803 München-Schwabing mobil +49-172-8450321
please: No DOCs, no PPTs. why: tinyurl.com/cbgq