Calculating very large exponents in python

Fahad Ahmad miraclesoul at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 13:55:24 EST 2010

Dear All,

i am writing my crytographic scheme in python, i am just a new user to it.
I have written the complete code, the only point i am stuck it is that i am using 256 exponentiation which is normal in crytography but python just hangs on it.

g**x  [where both g and x are 256 bit numbers , in decimal they are around 77]

after reading several forums, i just come to know it can be done using numpy, i have installed python(x,y) has has both numpy and scipy installed but i am not able to make it happen.

any idea which library, module, or piece of code can solve this mystery :S

sorry for bad english

"People
come and go no one remembers them for life but it is the time spent
with them that become Sweet memories that are remembered for life
hope I leave some memories behind "