How to find an COM object in using of pywin32

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 00:48:33 EST 2010

Hi,

I want to interactive with an OLE application with pywin32.  The
problem is I get totally no idea how to find the object in OLEView and
how to figure out it's interface.

With pywin32's example, I even don't understand that in the below statement,

  win32com.client.Dispatch('Excel.Application')

that where the name 'Excel.Application' comes from?  In OLEView
(Microsoft's COM brower), I cannot find this name.

Could you give me any help?  Thanks

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody at gmail.com)