Ignorance and Google Groups (again)

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Wed Jun 30 16:55:50 EDT 2010

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:10:43 -0700 (PDT)
garryTX <garry5563 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 29, 5:31 pm, nanothermite911fbibustards
[...]
> you ignorant mf.  stfu.

You shouldn't be calling people ignorant for what they post if you are
just going to repost every word again.  Everything that applies to him
applies to you.

I have had it with GG.  For the last few months I have been filtering
all mail from gmail.com that comes through the news gateway into a
separate folder to see where the spam and abuse comes from.  Over that
time about 99% of all the useless crap has been caught in that filter.
It's unfortunate that there are some decent posts as well but I have
finally decided that the peace and quiet is worth more than the odd
missed gem.  So, if you are accessing this list through GG and wonder
why I seem to be ignoring your brilliant arguments, this is why.

If anyone is interested in the procmail recipe I will be using, here it
is in all it's glory.

:0: Hir
* ^List-Id:.*python-list.python.org
* ^From:.*@gmail.com