I strongly dislike Python 3

Tue Jun 29 18:20:56 EDT 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:56:37 +0000, Edward A. Falk wrote:

> Nice.  Once 100% of the installed base is at 2.6, I'll finally be able
> to write code that compatible with 3.0.

What's "the installed base"?

Machines you control? Then just install 2.6 on your installed base and be
done with it. Or even 3.1 (but do yourself a favour and skip 3.0).

Client machines? I'm sorry, I simply don't believe any professional can
allow your *potential* (your word, from a previous post) user base to
dictate terms like that. What are you going to do, stick on 2.5 for the
next thirty years years because *one* customer (or potential customer!)
refuses to upgrade, even when *everyone else* is up to 3.3 or higher?
I've got news for you: there are still machines out there running Python
1.5. Do you write for them?

--
Steven