I strongly dislike Python 3

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jun 28 17:34:41 EDT 2010

> Until such time as 100% of the systems I might ever want to run my progams
> on have python 3 installed, I cannot port my programs over from python 2.

You don't have to port them from python 2, but still could it make easy
to use them with Python 3: just arrange it so that 2to3 will correctly
convert them to Python 3. You may not have to do anything to achieve
this except for testing whether it actually works.

Then, before using your program with Python 3, run it through 2to3,
and only use the conversion result. Keep maintaining the 2.x source,
rather than forking of a Py3 version.

Of course, you may not have a need to do that today. A year from now may
still be early enough.

Regards,
Martin