I strongly dislike Python 3

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sun Jun 27 22:55:27 EDT 2010

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
> Python3 is about finishing transitions. The last stage in a transition
> that replaces something old with something new is to remove the old,..

Main problem is that by the time Python3 has stopped being disruptive,
Python4 will be underway.  Python3 is incompatible enough with Python2
to cause hassle and headaches, but not incompatible enough for the
benefits to be more than slight.  So making more radical changes will
require undergong the transition and disruption twice.  I think it would
have been better to just do it once.