Why Is Escaping Data Considered So Magical?

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 03:31:17 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> Except I only needed two calls to SQLString, while you need two dozen
> instances of that repetitive items.c boilerplate.
>
> As a human, being repetitive is not my job. That’s what the computer is for.

Then why do you have every parameter prefixed with "modify_"? 8-)

But seriously, if that bothers you, then fold the "items.c." portion
into the generator expression with a getattr call.  Or just change
them back to the same strings you had originally, and sqlalchemy will
be just as happy to accept them as-is.

Cheers,
Ian