Why Is Escaping Data Considered So Magical?

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Sat Jun 26 22:55:49 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <> wrote:
> In message <mailman.2123.1277522976.32709.python-list at python.org>, Tim Chase
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/25/2010 07:49 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
> I see that you published my unobfuscated e-mail address on USENET for all to
> see. I obfuscated it for a reason, to keep the spammers away. I'm assuming
> this was a momentary lapse of judgement, for which I expect an apology.
> Otherwise, it becomes grounds for an abuse complaint to your ISP.

Will you give it a rest already with these threatening messages? Why
are you still using this only-partially-obfuscated address with USENET
anyway? This has happened twice before, it will doubtless happen yet
again. Just use an /entirely invalid/ From address like some other
posters do.

I can't believe you have a form letter for this...

Regards,
Chris
--
Public addresses eventually going bad is a *fact of life*; plan ahead
accordingly.