best way to increment an IntVar?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jun 26 18:36:20 EDT 2010

On 6/25/2010 4:56 PM, Stephen Hansen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com

>     If *I* open an issue it will be ignored or quickly dismissed because
>     the people in charge of the Python community hate me.
>
> Nonsense.
>
> Though an inflammatory, hyperbole-filled rant made up of nothing but
> charged declarations and rhetoric, and lacking actual reasoned and
> evidence supported arguments will certainly get deleted-- like I'm going
> to do with most of your message as I quote But! I think you're missing
> something:

Rick, I am one of the all-too-few people who review tracker issues and
occasionally close them. I do not 'hate' you and have never
'brow-beaten' you. As you seem to be aware, the rhetorial confines of
the tracker are much stricter than here. 'Reasoned and evidence
supported arguments' are definitely the coin of that realm. Rants are out.

If you have a potential contribution but do not trust yourself to
restrain yourself as appropriate to the tracker, you can send it to me.
If I think it plausible, I will open an issue and credit 'anonymous' or
whatever neutral, unloaded name you prefer ('Rick' ok, 'RantingRick' not).

--
Terry Jan Reedy