GDAL-1.7.1 : vcvarsall.bat missing

Max Erickson maxerickson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 11:51:04 EDT 2010

kBob <krdean at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 25, 1:26 am, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:

If it suits your needs, you can wire the OSGEO installation of GDAL
to a python.org python installation (rather than a bundled OSGEO
python interpreter, which is another option):

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/

Setting the correct paths was enough to get the basic things I used
to work (but I haven't used it extensively).

>  Thanks for the tips, gentlemen.
>
>  I'll try my luck with Cygwin's ggc before I look into another
>  C/C++
> compiler.
>
> Kelly Dean
> Fort Collins, CO

Giovanni Bajo packages a version of MinGW GCC for use with Python:

http://www.develer.com/oss/GccWinBinaries

He does note on the page that the MinGW project isn't quite so sure
that GCC 4.x is ready for release.

Max