Should I Learn Python or Ruby next?

Default User hunguponcontent at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:34:28 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 02:53, Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz>wrote:

> Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
>
>  (that makes me think that Perl should be renamed as it outrageously share
>> the same 1st character with Python).
>>

> +1. I suggest CalcifiedMolluscSecretion. The very awkwardness
> of that name will doom the language to the obscurity that it
> deserves relative to the One True Language Whose Name Starts
> With P. :-)
>
> --
> Greg
>
> --

May I suggest that you read the Python license.  Really read it.  Then read
the Ruby license.  Really read it.

Ask yourself, if I am just using either internally, and not distributing
anything, does it matter which one I use?

Then, ask yourself, if I am creating code to distribute, especially for
commercial purposes, does it matter which one I use?   Which would you be
more willing to "bet the farm" on (or your house, your career, your food.
etc.)?