Book review / advise

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Tue Jun 22 11:49:47 EDT 2010

On 6/22/10 6:48 AM, lallous wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if anyone read this:
> http://www.amazon.com/PYTHON-2-6-Extending-Embedding-documentation/dp/1441419608/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277214352&sr=1-7
> or this:
> http://www.amazon.com/Python-Extending-Embedding-Documentation-Manual/dp/1441412743/ref=pd_sim_b_3
>
> Are these books just a print out of the manual that comes w/ Python
> distribution or they are written in a different way and more organized
> way?

Uhh, that looks like a scam. Someone scraped the Python docs and bundled
it up as a "book" to sell to naive people for outrageous prices; and put
Guido's name on it to give it legitimacy.

It also bundles up the *tutorial* for $22. There's a number of very
good, large Python books which sell for that. Surely Fred L Drake and
Gudio aren't really involved in this. I wonder if they even know about it.

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai