tkInter Listbox question

eb303 eric.brunel.pragmadev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 03:53:31 EDT 2010

On Jun 21, 6:36 pm, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 12:36 am, Anthony Papillion <papill... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So I'm trying to add a Listbox to my window. I want it to be the width
> > of my window and the height of my window.  I'm using the following
> > code ('root' is my toplevel window):
>
> > gsItems = Listbox(root, width=root.winfo_width(),
> > height=root.winfo_height())
> > gsItems.pack()
>
> > While you would think this code would set the height and width of
> > gsItems to the height and width of root, it doesn't. Instead it puts a
> > little tiny listbox in the middle of the form.
>
> eb303 answered your question perfectly however he failed to point you
> toward the proper documentation. The Python docs you need are here...
>
>    http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/
>
> <FYI> Remember Guys, this is a Python mailing list. Always give
> reference FIRST to docs that are "Python" specific. *Then* if you want
> to show off your multi lingual-ness by all means post extra links. </

Thanks for the condescendent tone in your post. And FYI, remember that
this is not Microsoft Support here: people are helping freely and
because they want to, so they might not have the time to look for
documentation they just don't have at hand, because they never use it.
If you want to provide pointers to better stuff, you're welcome. Your
unpleasant remarks are not.

Go on like this and you'll just discourage everyone to give some of
their time to help people.