Python 2.4.4 Tkinter GUI Example for Modeless Dialog with Menu, Edit, List, Buttons, File Save etc.

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 01:07:21 EDT 2010

On Jun 16, 5:05 pm, My Python <mypython_2... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to see some substantial example of an App written for a
> Modeless Dialog (fixed size, non resizable window) (If you have used
> WIndows MFC or Visual Basic you all know how elegant it is) with
> Buttons, menus, edit boxes, list boxes, file save as dialogs popping
> from the button action (this one is easy, but I want the file save as
> python code to save a text file :)
>
> Please, those samples packed with install are ***  bare and cheesy
> *** , it is inadequate. Can someone share a cool app code that
> implements a Modeless dialog.
>
> TIA!!

Sure i'll do that, and while i'm at it all throw syntax highlight,
code completion, tool tips, and heck you're worth the best... a cool
3d FPS game if you get board! But wait, i don't have to do all that
because it already exists in a little Python package called IDLE (um
well except for the cool 3d game that is! Check for yourself!

But really, i would not mind showing you a few things to get you going
in the right direction but myself (or any one else) is about to just
write the thing for you. I suggest you reconsider a smaller starting
example like maybe a very, very, *very* simple text editor built with
the tk.Text widget. Most of the functionality already comes built-in
like undo, redo, copy, paste, cut, etc. However you'll need to add a
few methods for opening, saving files and all the other functionality
you may want but that would be a good start. Check out the effort site
for a exhaustive coverage of Tkinter.

    http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/

Let us know when you need help and not free application development
services. ;-)