Removing anti-Jewish postings from Python list

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Wed Jun 16 14:50:45 EDT 2010

On 6/16/10 10:56 AM, Alan Harris-Reid wrote:
> Any idea how we get rid of this 'noise'?  Will it eventually go away if
> we ignore it, or is there anything the moderators can do to clean-up
> this (normally) wonderful resource for Python programmers?

The problem is, this forum has lots of access points. Its not entirely a
mailing list. Its also a usenet newsgroup (utterly uncontrollable). Its
got multiple bidirectional mirrors. The python-list version of the group
is fortunately largely free from spam as its spam filters are pretty
solid, but other access points vary.

I *think* from looking at his headers, he's posting via Google Groups.
FWIW, since its a Gmail user, I've reported him for abuse to both the
Gmail and Google Groups teams. If they decide to do anything, who knows.
I've also reported all his mails as Spam, so hopefully they'll just get
junked. Maybe the python-list spam filters can be tweaked, who knows.

He'll probably always show up on the usenet/Google Groups part of things
though. Cuz Google's notoriously bad at controlling spam on Groups(*)

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai

P.S. This is something which confuses me greatly. Considering how
*great* the spam filters are on Gmail-- I literally get virtually
nothing in my inbox-- how in world are Google Groups so full of junk?
They doesn't Google run the groups messages through similar filters? Sigh.