Archiving emails in Gmail

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Jun 15 10:10:48 EDT 2010

On 2010-06-15, teja <tejaskohok at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a requirement that I want to log-in into a gmail account read
> all unread mails, mark them as read and then archive them.
> I am using libgmail (version 0.1.11) library to do so, using which I
> am able to log-in into a gmail account fetch all unread message and
> then read them one by one.
> Now my problem is that I am not able to mark the unread mail as read
> and archive it.

I don't know what libgmail is, but I use IMAP for stuff like that
(with Gmail and other servers). Python's imaplib is a bit low-level
(and IMAP sucks rather badly as a protocol), so you might want to take
a look at imaplib2.

http://docs.python.org/library/imaplib.html

http://www.janeelix.com/piers/python/imaplib.html

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Was my SOY LOAF left
                                  at               out in th'RAIN?  It tastes