Community (A Modest Proposal)

Andreas Waldenburger usenot at geekmail.INVALID
Tue Jun 15 06:46:14 EDT 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:45:43 +1000 James Mills
<prologic at shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:

> I myself use vim (as my editor) and 2-3 Terminals on virtual
> workspaces (in my DE). I guess the beauty with vim is you just read
> the line no. type it in and hit ^G

You mean just G (Shift+g), right? ^G (Ctrl+G) prints the file name and
cursor position.

Incidentally, :<linenumber><Return> does the same as <linenumber>G.

Sorry, that's seriously OT, but think about the havoc this could wreak
if some uninformed layperson read this and took it to heart. ;)

/W

--
INVALID? DE!