GUIs - A Modest Proposal

AD. anton.list at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 21:19:20 EDT 2010

On Jun 15, 1:03 pm, Ed Keith <e_... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nice! I've been looking for that trick for some time.
>
> Thank you,

A lot of people (including pro web designers even) aren't really aware
of what CSS can actually do. Part of the problem is that everyone only
learnt the semi working subset that wouldn't fall to pieces in
Internet Explorer.

Don't get too excited though, while these proof of concept examples
are easy once you put that into real world usage you'll notice that
the absolutely positioned items are outside the normal flow and won't
hold open containers - especially those that use a different
positioning model etc. I reckon the main limitation with CSS is that
it doesn't let you mix it's different positioning models together very
easily.

Now, back to talking about Python GUIs... :)

--
Cheers
Anton