Is Scheme/LISP faster than C/C++

fortunatus daniel.eliason at excite.com
Mon Jun 14 13:53:06 EDT 2010

For crying out loud, the best any compiler can do is make optimal
machine language.  Many C compilers can do that over most inputs.  So
can many Lisp compilers if you give the right type data.  So it's a
moot point.

The only point to discuss would be that Scheme - in the R5 version of
the spec at least - doesn't have standard way to specify type data
unless I am mistaken.  Therefore you  will find that Scheme compilers
add their own syntax for it.  Again we are led to a moot point.