how to build with 2.4 having 2.6 as main python

Mon Jun 14 05:00:36 EDT 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 01:30:09 -0700, Alexzive wrote:

> what to change in order to get "python" calling python 2.4.3 instead of
> 2.6.4 (at least during python setup.py build)?

That will do bad things to your system, which will be expecting the
system Python to be 2.6 and instead will be 2.4. You will probably find
system tools will start to fail.

> I suppose I need something like changing the link to /usr/local/bin/
> python..
> but I fear to do something bad by myself.. please help!

Yes, that will do it, but if you do, you will probably break things. Best
to just call the python2.4 binary directly.

If you call

python2.4

from the command line, what happens?

--