C interpreter in Lisp/scheme/python

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 19:22:13 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 4:07 PM, bolega <gnuist006 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to compare LISP/Scheme/Python for their expressiveness.

Try the programming languages shootout.

> For this, I propose a vanilla C interpreter. I have seen a book which
> writes C interpreter in C.

Good luck.

> The criteria would be the small size and high readability of the code.
>
> Are there already answers anywhere ?

Try the C language standard.

> How would a gury approach such a project ?

They would probably skip it, recognizing that undertaking this
project with the goal of comparing two languages was fraught
with methodological difficulties and likely to be a complete
waste of time. Assuming that by virtue of a wetware bug they
did decide to take it on, they would probably start by writing the
code and then post their take on the results rather than posting
first and waiting in breathless anticipation for the inevitably
snarky replies of their inferiors.

Geremy Condra