efficiently create and fill array.array from C code?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Jun 13 15:17:43 EDT 2010

Stephen Hansen, 13.06.2010 21:05:
> On 6/13/10 11:41 AM, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> Take a look at a) NumPy and b) Cython. You can also use Cython with the
>> array module, but NumPy is a much more common way to deal with "number
>> crunching routines", especially multi-dimentional arrays.
>
> Does Cython support Py3k yet? The OP seemed to be concerned about using
> numpy due to it not yet being ready for 3+.

I didn't read that from the post, but you may be right.

Cython supports Py 2.3-3.1+, but NumPy still does not support Py3k (they
are actually considering to rewrite parts of it in Cython to simplify the
migration ;).

If the OP is targeting Py3, the array module might still be a viable
solution together with Cython.

Stefan