Deformed Form

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Sun Jun 13 10:48:54 EDT 2010

On 6/12/10 12:50 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 14:42:27 -0400, Victor Subervi
> <victorsubervi at gmail.com> declaimed the following in
> gmane.comp.python.general:
>

>> Interestingly,
>> ls -al
>> reveals *no* *.pyc files.
>>
> 	Which would seem to indicate that you have no user modules that are
> imported into other modules when run. And that there is no sharing of
> data between the modules you have.

Not really; pyc file generation is "optional". Its a performance
enhancement, but if it doesn't work, there's no problem.

No pyc files indicates to me that the web process doesn't have *write*
access to this directory, which is actually entirely fine and dandy. I'd
just pre-compile them all first, because otherwise Python has to read
the original source, parse and build up bytecode for each file every
request.

I'd "python -m compileall -f ." whenever you edit a file and before testing.

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai