OFF TOPIC

Antti "Andy" Ylikoski antti.ylikoski at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 17:56:48 EDT 2010

12.6.2010 21:06, George Neuner kirjoitti:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:57:08 +0300, "Antti \"Andy\" Ylikoski"
> <antti.ylikoski at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> OT:  (very Off Topic.............)
>> I would not trust dolphins to take care of my investments.
>
> Why not?  Remember the chimpanzee that picked stocks and beat many
> professional fund managers?
> http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dart-throwing-chimp-still-making-monkey-of-internet-funds?pagenumber=2

It is rather easy to show that in a "homo homini lupus" stock market a
non-ultra-professional (not affiliated with the MKULTRA) strategy is
actually worse than a completely random strategy.

Therefore, these small-brained primates of the genus Pan can actually be
advantageously used in making stocks related business decisions.

One disadvantage is the pecking order of chimpanzees.  Chimps detest,
hate, and will bully, any intelligent animate beings, in particular
intelligent beings of the Homo sapiens sapiens genus.  Scientific data
are insufficient concerning, how they will relate to inanimate
intelligent objects such as AI.

-- Well, that story, roughly, was what one of my American Jewish
acquaintances (with the surname Levine) suggested to me after he got to
know me and my story.

> The average dolphin's brain is bigger than the average human's (and
> far bigger than a chimpanzee's).  Dolphin investment strategies might
> look fishy to us but dolphins have a unique point of view on important
> industries such as transportation, telecommunications, construction,
> tourism, energy exploration, food production, etc.
>
> I'd trust a dolphin over a Wall Street fund manager any day.

Individuals whose political views are in the left are probably the only
ones who will call bankers and their kind "untrustworthy".

One note of leftist politics.  When the USSR still was there then there
was there a common pastime in Finland: travel to the USSR as a tourist,
smuggle say a dozen nylons (the kind that women wear) with you, sell the
nylons to Russian ladies, and then with the money that you got from the
nylons invite all of your friends to an expensive (to the proletariat,
expensive) restaurant and spend the entire evening and night there,
enjoying the best of food and drinks, until early morning light.  The
money will suffice, nylons were being considered so precious in the USSR.

So common nylons were above the technological capabilities of the
Communist system.  When Ronal Reagan announced the Strategic Defence
Initiative, the leaders of the USSR military said they will devise an
SDI system of their own.  But, if it is clearly too difficult for the
Communist system to make womens' nylons, then I would not very much fear
the Russkies' capabilities to thwart Reagan's SDI plans, and that which
those plans originally by Reagan have become as decades have passed.

One more note.  Russkies have been reputed to have killer satellites,
eg. equip an ordinary in the sky relocatable satellite with a relatively
big explosive (nuclear warheads would be best under actual combat
circumstances) and detonate it close enough to the enemy satellite so
that the explosion will incapacitate the enemy satellite.  I decided not
to write more about this here.

kind regards, A. J. Y.