WebBrowserProgramming [was: GUIs - A Modest Proposal]

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Sat Jun 12 14:14:14 EDT 2010

On 6/12/10 9:20 AM, lkcl wrote:
> On Jun 10, 6:56 pm, Stephen Hansen <me+list/pyt... at ixokai.io> wrote:
>
>> For example: if you want to embed a CSS-capable web-browser into your
>> app? PyQT is actually your best option-- albeit a commercial one if
>> you're not open source.. wx/Python haven't yet finished WebKit
>> integration(*).
>
>  there are _lots_ other options that i know of.  here are three of the
> best:

Although I didn't state it or even hint at it, I thought it was implied
and obvious-- though obviously I was wrong ;-) Oops!

But my point and the discussion is grounded in, "and be cross platform",
because we're discussing GUI's in the context of Tkinter: which is
everywhere.

If someone doesn't need to target the Big Three with one code base, then
sure, the options you suggest may be very nice solutions for them.

I was more talking about an app which can run on windows, linux and OSX.

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai