GUIs - A Modest Proposal

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:09:21 EDT 2010

On Jun 9, 5:12 am, rantingrick <rantingr... at gmail.com> wrote:
> But you know i think it boils down to fear really. He is comfortable
> in his life and wishes to keep it as cookie cutter as he can. Any
> outside influence must be quashed before these meddling forces can
> take hold of him. He is so fearful of seeing the light in an opposing
> argument that blinding himself from reality is easier than facing
> reality.

 a very wise person told me a phrase which he'd heard, and i believe
it's relevant and hope you won't mind me quoting it:

 "stress is where the mind compares the internal world with the
external, cannot cope with the discrepancy, and places blame on the
*external* world".

 there's food for thought in that, for all concerned.  nobody's
actions, here, are "wrong", they just "are".

 l.