Deformed Form

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 13:40:23 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Stephen Hansen
<me+list/python at ixokai.io>wrote:

> Sure, if you have some file that two separate scripts import, and in
> said file you generate some value-- as long as that value will be the
> same at all times, it'll appear that the two scripts are sharing some
> state. They are not, however. The two scripts can not communicate.

I'm glad you have lots of experience and I respect that. However, I did not
say that "two separate scripts import said file." To repeat:

1) variable value generated is
create_edit_passengers2.py<http://example.com/create_edit_passengers2.py>
2) create_edit_passengers2.py<http://example.com/create_edit_passengers2.py>calls
create_edit_passengers3.py
<http://example.com/create_edit_passengers2.py>via a <form...> and
passes the value of the var thereunto.
3) theoretically! Yet for some reason I can't call it in
create_edit_passengers3.py
<http://example.com/create_edit_passengers2.py>but *can* call it in a
script that is imported by
create_edit_passengers3.py <http://example.com/create_edit_passengers2.py>

I think I'm being clear here, am I not? With all your knowledge and
understanding, I still fail to understand how it is you don't understand and
cannot answer my question.

> > Now you guys can make fun of me all you want, but until you actually READ
> > and UNDERSTAND what I'm writing, I'm afraid I think your criticisms are
> > ridiculous and make you look like fools.
>
> And this comment ends my attempt at assisting you, for multiple reasons
> (from the utter absurdity of you insisting we understand you when you
> take insultingly little care to actually express your problems clearly,
> to your arrogant and repeated refusal to take advice that is given, to
> your abject rudeness here, and so on).

That comment was not addressed to you as you didn't bother to quote the
other part just after it, where I stated I appreciate your help and
understand how difficult it is to not misunderstand each other. Sorry you
misunderstood. I am not being arrogant or rude.

My scripts work. I guess I can just let them work and not bother
understanding *why* they work the way they do and not the way they *should*;
however, if anyone would like to explain, using the 3 steps above, where the
problem is, that would be nice.
Sincerely,
beno