GUIs - A Modest Proposal

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Fri Jun 11 02:10:35 EDT 2010

On 06/11/10 07:00, rantingrick wrote:
<cut>
> I would
> bet that only myself, Kevin, and only a handful of others use Tkinter
> for anything more than education purposes. AFIK, Kevin is THE ONLY
> PYTHON programmer producing real professional GUI's with Tkinter -- i
> encourage anyone else to speak up if your out there producing real
> Tkinter GUI. (psst: i don't think we'll be seeing mobs in the streets,
> really i don't)

The Karaoke Network, Kiosk machine uses tkinter on win32 for the
passcode interface (on screen keyboard).
Randstad HR Solutions (before that part has been sold off) had several
small database tools (which where cli orientated) using tkinter for
interactivity on win linux/win32.

Though I don't like tkinter either, but I don't seem to hate it as much
as others do.

--
mph