GUIs - A Modest Proposal

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Thu Jun 10 23:48:28 EDT 2010

On 6/10/10 8:21 PM, rantingrick wrote:
> On Jun 10, 9:38 pm, Stephen Hansen <me+list/pyt... at ixokai.io> wrote:
>
>> Also-- you're just starting to get wrong.
>>
>> http://docs.python.org/library/tix.html
>>
>> They don't -call- them the things you are, but between ComboBox, and the
>> flexibility of HList and TList... it actually offers quite a lot.
>
> Urm, do you *know* what a Grid widget is Stephen? (hint: Excel) Do you
> *know* what a ListCtrl is Stephen? (Hint: File Browser in report or
> iconlabel views)

Yes, I do now what a Grid and ListCtrl are. I misread the Tabular bit --
my mistake, however: I was led into a false sense of, "Gosh, he's not
even trying" by the previous comments you made about a lack of ComboBox
until Py3, when it is available in tix. And is the only part of tix I've
ever used, yes.

> Just scanning the docs of a module (that you know jack about) and then
> parroting off some baseless arguments are bound to bite you in the
> @ss! *egg on face*

*Yawn*

--

   Stephen Hansen