GUIs - A Modest Proposal

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:41:46 EDT 2010

On Jun 10, 8:05 pm, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> What widgets do you think Tk is missing?

The big ones:

 - Grid
 - ListCtrl
 - EditableListCtrl
 - glCanvas

I can think of many more useful compound widgets too. And don't try
and tell me these are not important. Yes you could create the first
three yourself, but this should not be necessary in the 21st century.
How long has GUI been with us...?

glCanvas should be standard part of any "non-legacy" GUI. Yes you can
download Togl (a third party module) but that is no excuse. Tk has had
years to improve and we have seen almost nothing!

Wait a minute Steven, are you fighting *for* Tkinter now? I thought
you did not use those "graphical interfaces"?