help!!

Steven D'Aprano steve-REMOVE-THIS at cybersource.com.au
Wed Jun 9 20:33:46 EDT 2010

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 16:44:10 -0700, z00z wrote:

> ok when my code is like this everything works well
>
> #/usr/bin/python
> input = raw_input(">> ").replace(',','\n')
> a=open("file","w")
> a.write(input)
> a.close()
> import sys,os,time,subprocess,threading,readline,socket,ifc

Your hash-bang line is broken, missing the exclamation mark.

What is "ifc" module?

> but the problem is i have to import the libraries before the code so my
> code should be like this
>
> #/usr/bin/python
> import sys,os,time,subprocess,threading,readline,socket,interfaces
> input = raw_input(">> ").replace(',','\n')
> a=open("file","w")
> a.write(input)
> a.close()

The hash-bang line is still broken, and the import ifc is replaced by
interfaces. What is interfaces?

> when i execute the above code no error message is given but no file is
> written.

Apart from not having the interfaces module, it works for me. Are you
sure that's the code you're actually running?

--
Steven