Non Sequitur: Re: Python Forum

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 01:53:37 EDT 2010

On Jun 7, 12:41 am, Steven D'Aprano <steve-REMOVE-
T... at cybersource.com.au> wrote:

> "Fish" can be either singular (as in "I fed the fish") or a collective
> noun ("there are many fish that live in salt water"). Plural is "fishes",
> as in "I ate three fishes", although in common use people tend to use
> fish/fishes as both plural and collective nouns.
>
> --
> Steven

Do you use the word "fishes". I don't think i've ever heard anyone use
that word -- well except for children before being corrected. I ate
three fishes just sounds wrong to me. What's the plural of sheep
Stephen :-D

@ Ben
Ok Ben you convinced me, after absorbing your arguments i do now
believe that Usenet is better.