GUIs - A Modest Proposal

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 23:19:25 EDT 2010

On Jun 7, 5:05 pm, Michael Torrie <torr... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thus for Python to really be successful in a broader sense, we need
> good, solid, bindings for Cocoa, or Windows forms (whatever they are
> using these days), as well as the most popular windows toolkits.  We
> don't need another Swing.  As someone else mentioned, web-based
> interfaces are increasingly important.  That means you have to write
> your apps in a modular way that separates the GUI from the business
> logic.  That way you can develop a nice GUI app and then, when there is
> demand, give it a web front end.

Micheal makes a good point about the future web based interfaces. The
momentum is building fast for this type of thing and GUI may be
obsolete very soon. What options do we have in this arena? If were
going to move forward we should at least move in the right direction.
Seems that web based would help to satisfy the size requirement at
least. Pythoninic API, hmm, ain't seen one yet? Anybody have
suggestions...?