PyQt signals/slots dialogs question

AlienBaby matt.j.warren at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 11:48:00 EDT 2010

I've made a little progress;

This appears to setup a connection that fires when the welcomeNext
button in the Welcome dialog is clicked;

self.Welcome.welcomeNext.connect(self.Welcome.welcomeNext,QtCore.SIGNAL("clicked()"),self.WelcomeNext)

In the StartQT4 class I now have the WelcomeNext method;

    def WelcomeNext(self):
        self.Welcome.setVisible(False)
        self.SourceTypeSelect.setVisible(True)

Though I am now getting

AttributeError: 'Ui_Dialog' object has no attribute 'setVisible'

Which, is right. Because it's not really a QDialog class.

Instead of using a 'WelcomeNext' method as the slot, should I just
connect the clicked() signal to both the hide slot of the welcome
dialog and the show slot of the SourceTypeSelect dialog?  .. though
then where would any code I wanted to run say, (for the sake of
argument) between the hiding of one dialog and the showing of the
next?