Python Forum

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Sun Jun 6 21:32:07 EDT 2010

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 11:02:21 +1000
Lie Ryan <lie.1296 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/07/10 10:45, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > That's a great list of features.  But they all apply to mailing lists as
> > well.
>
> I think Ben Finney was making comparison between Usenet/Mailing-List vs
> Forum. The argument basically sums up to Distributed vs. Centralized.

I don't know what Ben was thinking so I was just making it explicit.

> My only problem with mailing list is that for large lists, it can easily
> overflows my inbox. Having a separate interface (e.g. NNTP) is quite
> useful. For large list, I wouldn't be able to read all the posts anyway,
> so from time-to-time I'd "Mark Everything as Read", you cannot reliably
> do that in your Inbox even with filtering and all that stuffs.

It's trivial to filter into separate folders and trivial to empty a
folder.  For me it's simply "^A" and "Del".

However, it would be nice to have an expire function so that messages
that I don't read for a specified time simply disappear.  Do any email
clients do that?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves