Python Forum

Monte Milanuk memilanuk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 13:24:40 EDT 2010

On 6/6/10 9:46 AM, Aahz wrote:
> but I prefer to rely on someone else's sysadmin and I
> really don't want to allow remote connections into my home network.

To each their own... while Panix is fairly relaxed as a shell host, I
prefer to not have someone else telling me what I can and can't install
or use, especially when I'm paying.  To be honest I can't SSH out from
work anymore, so the remote connections / static IP is somewhat of a
moot point.  What I was trying to say was I don't get the point of
paying for an account on a provider clear across the country simply for
the sake of getting Usenet access... especially when more and more large
institutions are shutting theirs down (i.e. the death knoll for usenet
as others have pointed out).  Perhaps it would count for 'geek' points,
but I'm not too worried about that ;)

YMMV,

Monte