Missing DLL in win98

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Jun 5 04:47:46 EDT 2010

On 4 jun, 19:47, Spyder42 <spyder1... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 14:03:48 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjre... at udel.edu>
> wrote:
> >On 6/4/2010 9:08 AM, Spyder42 wrote:
> >> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 14:50:28 +0200, Christian Heimes

> >> So your response is either, you don't know if there is a fix, or 'No
> >> way in h377.' You couldn't figure out by my post that I already knew
> >> that?
>
> >It was not obvious, without closely reading your original post, and even
> >then it is not clear, that you *knew* than 2.6 was not supported on
> >Win98. You could have asked 'I know 2.6+ is not officially supported in
> >win98. Does anyone know a workaround other than upgrading windows or
> >sticking with 2.5?". *That* would have been clear.
>
> I had a specific question and I got a non-specific non-answer.
> If they didn't know, they should not have answered.

You didn't state your question as clearly as you appear to think.

> >It was not obvious, without closely reading your original post...
>
> So it WAS obvious to anyone who was PAYING ATTENTION?

It is not obvious to me at least, even after closely reading your
post.
All I can deduce from it is that you assumed you would have a better
chance upgrading your OS, not that you *knew* your current OS was
officially unsupported.
Christian Heimes gave you the right answer, even if it was not the
answer you expected.

--
Gabriel Genellina