Python Forum

Fri Jun 4 22:09:59 EDT 2010

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:56:34 -0500, Jim Byrnes wrote:

> I thought his point was they are big enough to have the resources to
> offer newsgroups but don't.  If I want fast internet I must use Comcast
> and Comcast doesn't offer newsgroups either.  Sadly is seems getting
> access to newsgroups is getting harder and harder.

I'm sorry for all you people who don't live in a place with a genuinely
free market, and instead have to suffer with the lack of competition and
poor service of a monopoly or duopoly masquerading as a free market. But
*my* point was that your woes are not universal, and Usenet is alive and
well. It might be declining, but it's a long, slow decline and, like
Cobol, it will probably still be around a decade after the cool kids
declared it dead.

--
Steven