Python Forum

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Fri Jun 4 16:57:47 EDT 2010

Lie Ryan <lie.1296 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 06/04/10 11:56, John Bokma wrote:
>> Phlip <phlip2005 at gmail.com> writes:

>>> Ah, so you feel up to my "xsl for xmlrunner.py" question?
>>
>> Just jumping in the middle, but if you're looking for a web based forum
>> where you can ask questions, check out Stack Overflow (and sister sites,
>> depending on your question). I've noticed over the last couple of months
>> that often things I google for, are answered on Stack Overflow. One
>> thing that would've been nice to have on Usenet that I like is the
>> ability to vote answers up or down. I think Usenet would've been a bit
>> better with that option.
>
> Probably. A vote up/down feature tend to highlight popular problems, but
> it also buries less popular problems that might have perfectly good
> answers.

Unless I misunderstand, the voting is for the replies, not for the
questions. Or maybe the questions can be promoted to a queue, no
idea. But that's not that different from questions posted to Usenet. The
popular ones are asked often, the less popular ones once in a while, and
might also not result in solutions.

> I think Google Groups have 5-star-rating system? You might want
> to check on that.

Brrrr... no, I really prefer my Usenet via Gnus ;-).

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/